ConvaTec’s Stomahesive Paste is a pectin based ostomy paste used as a filler in uneven skin surfaces around the stoma to help increase ostomy system wear-time and protect skin.
- Stomahesive paste is a ubiquitous ostomy accessory and there are other brands of ostomy paste that will are its equal.
- Stomahesive paste does contain alcohol so if it is applied to irritated, sensitive skin, it will likely sting.
- Stomahesive Paste is designed to be used with ostomy skin barriers / wafers in the protection of the skin around the stoma.
- Stomahesive Paste is not abonding cement, glue or adhesive. It is used as a filler or “caulking” agent to increase skin barrier wear time by providing a flat pouching surface and helping to prevent leakage under the skin barrier.
- Hydrocolloid-based protective skin barrier, filler or caulk to fill gaps between skin barrier and stoma.
- Use as filler in uneven skin surfaces to help increase ostomy system wear-time and protect skin.