DuoDERM® Hydroactive® Gel can be used to support autolytic debridement in dry wounds. Evidence-based action plans for hydrating dry wounds include creation of a moist wound environment to prevent wound drying and to allow autolytic debridement to occur.
- DuoDERM® Hydroactive® Sterile Gel is a clear, preservative-free, viscous hydrogel that incorporates a unique ConvaTec hydrocolloid formulation that distinguishes it from other hydrocolloid dressings.
- It is indicated for the management of partial and full-thickness wounds, ideally as a filler for dry cavity wounds to provide a moist healing environment.
- The gel facilitates autolytic debridement.
- It moisturizes, bringing needed moisture to dry, necrotic, sloughy or granulating wounds.
- A sterile nozzle is provided for ease of application.